PHSA is working collaboratively with the Ministry of Health and regional and First Nations health authority partners to implement a new mandate with the shared goal of better serving patients with a more integrated system of care.
PHSA’s mandate is described in two documents. The Foundational Mandate
describes the multi-year, foundational elements and the 2018/19 Mandate letter
outlines the Ministry of Health's specific directions to PHSA for this fiscal year.
Overall, our mandate outlines PHSA’s province-wide responsibilities in four key areas:
- Provincial clinical policy
- Provincial clinical service delivery
- Provincial commercial services
- Provincial digital and information technology
We are assessing services lines that cross multiple health authorities to determine the feasibility of expanding these services and the potential operational models. This assessment includes:
- Data collection and analysis to inform the drivers for change and service enhancement.
- Consultation with health authority leaders to provide additional, valuable input related to local and unique considerations
- Service delivery recommendations to be submitted to the Ministry of Health in November 2018.