If you have a complaint, please speak with the person who provided the service or to the manager of the area. Complaints are best addressed and resolved at the time and place they occur.
If your complaint remains unresolved after discussing the issue with the service area, you may wish to contact the Patient Care Quality Office (PCQO) directly. Complaints can be made by phone, in person, or in writing by email, fax or letter. If you choose to do so, we look forward to hearing from you. We do ask that you take a moment and review the following information about how we will address your concerns.
PCQO handles complaints in an open and transparent manner, and liaises between patients and health-care providers during the complaint process. Complaints will not compromise your access or service.
- We will formally record and manage your complaint in a prompt and fair manner.
- Our office will work with you toward a resolution by connecting with the appropriate care providers and investigating relevant policies and procedures.
- You will be provided with a response to your complaint as well as an explanation of decisions and actions taken as a result of your complaint.
Please provide as much detail as you can about your experience and the site or program to which you are referring. Please be sure to include:
- A clear description of your complaint.
- The program or service, and the site/location of where it happened.
- The date(s) care was provided.
- The names of any staff you spoke to about your complaint.
- What outcome or resolution you seek.
If you need help contacting us because English is not your first language, we have translated our information brochure into Chinese, Farsi, French, German and Punjabi. You can also request translation services when you contact us. (See the brochures and guides tab above.)
Your feedback will be used to identify improvements to the quality and safety of patient care.
If the response from PCQO has not resolved your complaint, you may contact the Patient Care Quality Review Board for an independent assessment of the matter. To request a review of your complaint by the Patient Care Quality Review Board, please contact:
Patient Care Quality Review Board
PO Box 9643
Victoria, BC V8W 9P1
Phone: 1-866-952-2448 (toll-free)
More information about the Patient Care Quality Review Board can be found on its website or by asking PCQO. Send a complaint